[TR] crude captive nuts

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 21:30:44 MDT 2007

In a message dated 10/3/2007 8:05:49 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dorpaul at negia.net writes:

Since to  remove my captive nut (when I was dissassembling my TR3) I used a
sawzall  to slice open the rear of the cage holding the captive mut.   This
allowed me to remove the corroded four-sided nut, AND leave a partial  cage
still welded to the inaccessable rear.  It is to this partial  cage that I
wired a wing nut.  Several wraps of wire and the wing nut  'stays in position'
and is immovable due to the stationary cage.  Do  the wrapping with a bolt
thru
the nut, after this, remove the  bolt.

I have repaired these by opening obe side, replacing the nut, then bending
the side back. I have also replaced these by iveting the new cage on.
Mike Moore