[TR] 59 TR3A caliper shims

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Wed Oct 3 07:07:11 MDT 2007

From: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1 at comcast.net>
> O.K., I give up. Why bother with caliper shims?

Because the caliper may not fit on the car without them.

I have a very early TR4.  With fresh pads, the caliper will not bolt up solid to the bracket.  It needs to be shimmed to center the caliper over the disk.

I understand why you may not have experienced this.  I had a bunch of Triumph-club guys in my shop and none of them had ever seen caliper shims before.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,