[TR] Classic Car Rental in the UK

Brian Jones banc8004 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 30 16:10:21 MST 2007

As Jonmac pointed out, gas will be expensive. The Imperial gallon he
quotes at $9.90 is 5/4 of a US gallon, and relative cost = $7.90 per
US gallon.

I have a copy of "Classic and Sports Car" to hand. This has a section
in the classifieds termed "Classic Car Hire".

The March 07 advertisers were:

www.hirethedream.co.uk
www.ribblevalleyclassiccarhire.co.uk
www.drcluxury.com

"Classic Cars" of Dec 06 has:

www.northdevonclassics.co.uk
www.classiccarhire.com
Classic Car Hire from the Peak District (nearer to Scotland!) 01144
1246 859827

It might be worth looking at a current copy if each to see if there
are others you might get a quote from.

Good luck with your trip. The roads in Scotland are wonderful (low
population, high govt spend / capita compared to England, and
gorgeous scenary to enjoy while at it.

If you want any help finding lovely roads, let me know.

Cheers,

Brian