[TR] What Paint?

bill beecher bill_beecher at flash.net
Fri Nov 30 14:49:02 MST 2007

I am looking through the TR restoration guide and the TRA Judging Guide and
find no mention of what type original paint is to be used for a restored
TR3A.  I am thinking acrylic enamel or lacquer and no clear-coat finishes.

Can someone enlighten me as to what is original and if other more improved
paints are acceptable in a concours judging situation.

I find the colors and codes listed in the Moss catalog but can I be sure
this is the correct one for my black May 1958 car?  Moss give an ICI code of
2224 while the French TR Registry give 0122.  I called the ICI folks and
they tell me they no longer deal in automotive paints.

Thanks in advance,

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
"I love it, she hates it... the car, of course!"

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:12 PM