[TR] Classic car rental UK

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 30 14:14:33 MST 2007

Dennis Culligan wrote:
>  Try "The Open Road Classic Car Hire" - It's what
> they do! Website is www.theopenroad.co.uk or e-mail
> at info at theopenroad.co.uk. They rent a TR6, a Jag,
> an MGB and others - hopefully they have a 4-seater...
> (Info from British Car Club News)

Jim, *absolutely* no FI on my part but Tony Merrygold who runs The Open Road is a casual
acquaintance of mine. Been to his house between Warwick and Stratford upon Avon several times and
seen his collection of classic hire cars, all of which are a delight to the eye. He does have a
Mark2 3.8 Jaguar and a Stag. His website reveals a TR6PI, Healey 3000 and a TR4A - together with
weekly hire rates.
Just remember that fuel in the UK is running about US$9.90 per imperial gallon at the moment and
those old XK engines were never noted for their economy - but hey, throw financial caution to the
winds for as long as you can - and enjoy yourselves! :)

Jonmac