[TR] [Spits] Over Drive Question ????

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Nov 28 10:25:18 MST 2007

 > I guess that would be a bad thing Huh? I have
> accidentally gone in a
> few times. torque/drive ????

Dunno myself; but I remember visiting Herman van den Akker and he showed me
a whole pile of D-type ODs with snapped shafts.  The broken stub was about
the size of my little finger.

But the J-type looks a lot beefier to me, so I'd guess it's only problem
might be clutch slippage and slow engagement.  Just trying it out in 1st/2nd
isn't likely to hurt anything, IMO (although it might be time to shift by
the time the OD engages).

However, YMMV and all that.  If you try it and something breaks, I'll
disavow all knowledge <G>

Randall