[TR] Over Drive Question

Stasyszen, Jerry JStasyszen at odmhsas.org
Wed Nov 28 07:26:50 MST 2007

Hello all, I have a J Type overdrive I am going to install in my 76 Spitfire.
It has a wiring harness attached to it but none of the wires are hooked up.
There are two solenoids on the transmission, one below the gear shifter that
is a three inch cylindrical solenoid with two male wire poles that are not
marked another smaller pancake looking solenoid on top of the transmission
that also has two male wiring poles that are not marked. Can anyone tell me
which wires go where, I am not even sure if the wiring harness is the correct
one. The overdrive is from a 77 spit with UK markings FRXXXXX.

Thanks
Jerry