[TR] 72 TR6 - Oil in Exhaust

Tom Wagner tom.wags at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:47:04 MST 2007

To All:

I have a problem that I can not seem to find the answer to and that is
when the car starts in the morning there is oil in the exhaust(As it
sprays all over my garage door).  I have gone through about 1-2 quarts
per tank of gas.  Now some of it does leak out as I know I have a
small leak around the valve cover gasket.

The rebuilt engine has 10,000 miles on a new rings, new valves and
guides, but I can not seem to find any other place where the oil is
going too, or how I can use so much in a short period of time.

Any help would be appreciated, as this may end up being a major winter
project here in the western Ozarks.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

--
Tom Wagner