[TR] loss of damper oil

james mc arthur jrmcarthur at verizon.net
Fri Nov 23 10:59:29 MST 2007

    Good day to all; I hope that everyone had an enjoyable holiday! I have
managed to put the TR6 back together in preparation for moving day
(Surprised myself because no spare bits!!) and have discovered something of
concern. I need to drive the car approximately 15 miles so I am not inclined
to do anything very involved at this point. My problem is that all of the
damper oil in the front carb has disappeared. I have filled the resevior
twice now and the fluid keeps going AWOL. No obvious leaks. I have plans to
rebuild the carbs when we get to our new home and have the rebuild kits
here, in case. So, can anyone tell me what/where my issue is? Many thanks in
advance!.......Jim McArthur/ CF17672U