[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 1, Issue 371

Brian Jones banc8004 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 23 03:49:14 MST 2007

Jef - thanks. I had seen that image. I understood where the clamp
fixes on the exhaust, but I was unclear where on the car went the
bracket.

Good luck with your efforts. Mine is a TRF muffler set that were on
the car when I bought it. Best I can guess, it was put on in the
early 90s, and amazingly, the TRF product label is still attached.
The SS is in excellent condition, but to my mind the muffler boxes
are too #^@&ing BIG. Perhaps the systems they now supply are smaller
and fit better than this one.

If I can't fix this with the front bracket, I may add a bracket as
Geo described (between the mufflers). I have also seen a customised
support that would help me in Roger Williams' "How to Improve T2-4a",
page 121. It fixes the tailpipe to the cross member that runs under
the spare wheel well.

If all else fails, I'm going to cut off the second box and add a
straight through pipe (like early TR3s had), and add a glass-filled
Monza muffler tip, or move to a Monza exhaust.

It will be fixed because I have come to the point where, as Mr
Churchill once said, "Up with this I will not put".

Brian