[TR] TR6 Bodyshell US to UK shipping

Tony Gordon triumph at 2simpleusa.com
Thu Nov 22 09:58:57 MST 2007

I looked into this for a friend a few years ago, and the cost of shipping
deck-cargo/mixed batch container was about $3,000 from Chicago to Ipswich.
There was a lot of paperwork to be done, and ever shipper I spoke to
informed me that anything (and they stressed ANYTHING) of value (radio,
interesting badges, rear view mirror, shiny engine parts) needed to be
removed prior to shipping since it was bound to go astray.  The alternative
was to ship sealed container but that was very expensive (can't recall the
cost but I think it was more than double).  'Though shipping two cars in a
sealed container might make it worthwhile .... in terms of ports, you could
ship from Newark, Atlanta (well, somewhere in Georgia) Los Angeles or
Chicago (I think Newark was the cheapest).

Tony Gordon
72 TR6