[TR] Charging Sytem Not Working - 74 TR6 - Fixed

Marty Clark marty.tr6 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 19:23:44 MST 2007

Thanks to everyone how send me email on my failed alternator. I decided to
follow Joe Curry and Randall's advice and I now have a 55 amp alternator in
the TR6 tonight. Both recommended a 78-80 Ford Fiesta with A/C Bosch unit.
It bolted right in, same cable connectors. Only minor issue was the fan(?)
on the pulley just touched the washer and bolt on the adjustment arm. I
removed the middle washer from between the bracket and the alternator and
all was well. Volts read 13.9 at 1,500 RPM.

Once again the list get me back on the road.

Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U
http://www.triumphowners.com/798