[TR] HOW LARGE IS A SHEET OF PAPER?

Don Spence dkspence at telus.net
Tue Nov 20 10:28:19 MST 2007

John
As you can tell from Jim's comment, Americans know very little about
Imperial and Metric measurements. We here in Canada are by choice,
Bilingual, and, when purchasing merchandise from the USA, Trilingual
in terms of measurement literacy.  Long ago we "switched over" from
Imperial to Metric.  The Americans chose not to, isolating themselves
from the rest of the world, except for maybe you Brits  but then
again, you don't speak their language either.

  One of these days all of you will realize the significant benefits
of going Metric.  The 10 hour clock for instance. By switching to
metric time one of our hours now equals 72 minutes of your time,
which makes for a more enjoyable lunch break. Eight hours of sleep is
equal to 9.6 of your hours so we are better rested and able to pack
more living into our longer hours. All the better to enjoy a Liter of
Lager ( 1.7 imperial or 2.1 US pints) down at the pub.

Cheers