[TR] Lock Stop Adjustments

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Nov 19 20:25:55 MST 2007

> The manual says that this canbe set with a
> wheel measuring device designed for angle readings.  Is there
> a better device than using a protractor with markings on the
> ground to show 31 (or 33?) degrees deviation each direction
> of max. turn of steering wheel??

IMO, just set them as wide as they will go and leave it at that.  That's
what I always did, until I wound up with a tire combination that would rub
the sway bar, then I pulled them in until the tires just touched the bar.

> I am unsure what they mean by a front lock of 28.5 degrees
> and a back lock of
> 31 degrees.  Can someone enlighten me?

Each wheel will turn farther away from the centerline, than towards it.
IOW, the left wheel will turn farther left, and the right wheel will turn
farther right.

Randall