[TR] Lock Stop Adjustments

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Mon Nov 19 19:50:51 MST 2007

My TR3 does not get a steering wheel lock-to-lock of 2 1/4 turns which the
workshop manual says it should.  I spent the day ruling out other possible
causes i.e. tie-rods, proper linkages, etc.  The manual says that this canbe
set with a wheel measuring device designed for angle readings.  Is there a
better device than using a protractor with markings on the ground to show 31
(or 33?) degrees deviation each direction of max. turn of steering wheel??

I am unsure what they mean by a front lock of 28.5 degrees and a back lock of
31 degrees.  Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3