[TR] Fan Hookup

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Nov 12 15:32:22 MST 2007

In a message dated 11/12/2007 3:19:55 PM Central Standard Time,
BearTranserv at aol.com writes:
> I guess it would help on Model Ts as they had no water pump and all the
> water movement through the radiator was due to the hot water moving to the
> cold,
> or whatever that is called...thermosiphoning?

Indeed.  But look at the plumbing.  The water discharge from the engine comes
out of the middle of the head and rises sharply to a very tall radiator.  And
the return is quite low on the engine.

Contrast that with an LBC engine.  The inlets and outlets are quite close to
each other.  On the SC engine (Spitfire, TR6, etc) the two ports are side by
side.  No thermosyphon there at all.

Dave