[TR] Fan Hookup

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Nov 12 14:35:24 MST 2007

> I guess it would help on Model Ts as they had no water pump
> and all the
> water movement through the radiator was due to the hot water
> moving to the cold,
> or whatever that is called...thermosiphoning?

What I've heard is that you could buy a water pump for a Model T as an
aftermarket accessory, which did improve cooling.  However, if the pump belt
broke, you were then stranded.   Apparently the pump itself interfered with
the thermosiphon/convection effect to the extent that the engine would boil
over without the pump turning.

Randall