[TR] Fan Hookup

levilevi levilevi at comcast.net
Sun Nov 11 20:12:32 MST 2007

After a drive my electric fan will run for awhile when the engine is off until
the water at the top of the radiator is cooled to below my thermostat setting
(which is somewhere around 200-210 degrees if I remember correctly).  The
sensor is stuck in the fins at the top of the radiator right below the upper
hose.  Often times the fan kicks back on for a bit which worried me but I
figured that the "cold" air in the radiator sunk which pulled hot water (hot
enough to go above my thermostat setting) in from the engine and start the
process again.  This happens more in the summer than the winter and I've seen
it cycle like this twice on some occasions...in the summer.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)