[TR] Lightening and Balancing TR6 whirly bits (Tony Gordon)

Dean.Mericas at CH2M.com Dean.Mericas at CH2M.com
Sun Nov 11 09:08:39 MST 2007

FWIW, back when I lived in the frozen north, I had Detroit Balance in
Ypsilanti do all of the rotating engine and clutch pieces in my TR4.
Huge benefit to cost ratio.

Dean Mericas
Austin, TX
1965 TR4
1974 2000 GTV

-----Original Message-----
------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 01:26:11 -0500
From: "Tony Gordon" <triumph at 2simpleusa.com>
Subject: [TR] Lightening and Balancing TR6 whirly bits
To: "6pack" <6pack at autox.team.net>, "TR list"
	<triumphs at autox.team.net>

I'm sure it's a result of the downturn of Michigan's economy, but I'm
cannot
find anyone who is willing to take on the shot peening, lightening and
balancing of my TR6 rods and crank ... I can find a good shop for
grinding,
and he will not balance anything ... and doesn't know of anyone in MI
who shot
peens anymore .... I've found a really good place for nitriding but they
don't
do anything else ...

Help! Does anyone have a tame machine shop that still does shot peening
and is
wiling to grind, cross drill and and balance a Triumph crank?

Thanks,