[TR] [Spits] spit suspension question

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Sat Nov 10 08:22:44 MST 2007

You are probably right, based on the fact that I have little or no
experience with those particular springs.  But as I stated earlier, all the
People who I have sold Camber Compensators to have been very enthusiastic
about the effect it has on their handling.

In one particular case, It is on a Herald Estate wagon and the results in an
autocross are very noticeable.

Going back to something that Andy Mace said, I too wonder if those were the
springs used on the Works Lemans Spitfires.  It seems that people racing
early Spits are typically using extremely stiff dearched springs with the
cars greatly lowered.  There is a noticeable negative camber and in those
situations, they don't seem to have the wheel Tuck" problem.    So it gives
credence to your supposition.

Cheers,
Joe