[TR] Looking for bra or radiator blind for '62 TR4

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Fri Nov 9 10:18:37 MST 2007

In the old days people used a  WINTER thermostat in Winter and a SUMMER 'stat
in Summer.
Or maybe cover lower section of your radiator with a partial cardboard
block.. my '63 Volvo 122S has a black window shade you can draw up and down in front
of the radiator with an operating chain & catch.. inside the cockpit - and
it's stock!
I think if you cover about 4" of lower radiator area with plastic/cardboard
(clip it to guard, etc) you might get lucky and be able to leave it there all
winter..
But my first move would be to try a WINTER 'stat.
Carl

Hello All-
Am back on this list after being away for a while. My '62 TR4 is back
up and running after a year's absence and with cold weather here in
Boston, soon as I get her warmed up, a short way down the street,
she's cold again. Any ideas where I can get a bra for the front end? I
think I've seen one for a TR3 that has a zipper in the middle so you
can adjust the amount of air passing through the radiator. That would
be perfect.
All ideas, thoughts, suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks!
Andy Taylor
at http://www.aol.com</HTML>