[TR] Rear Springs

PBieling bielings at comcast.net
Fri Nov 9 09:56:00 MST 2007

Horaay!  I was able to remove the front pin of
the rear springs using the method of drilling the 3/8ths hole thru the rocker
panel.
Nobody mentioned there are three layers of sheetmetal
so you have to be careful with alignment to the pin.
I cut remainder of the broken spring away. Then I  cut and removed the silent
block.
After heating the pin with a propane torch I was able to drive the pin out
unharmed.
I guess I am going to enjoy fall driving afterall. Thank you to all on the
list.
Pete Bieling

TR3a  # TS23196
'77 Mercedes 6.9