[TR] spit suspension question

scotts junk smacsjunk at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 08:47:40 MST 2007

I have a bone stock 68 Mk3 Spit and would like, at some point, to upgrade the
suspension. Nothing radical, just enough to rein  in the rear wheel jacking
and perhaps pick up a bit of grip. It will see predominantly street us with
perhaps an occasional forray onto the slalom course (just so the youngsters in
theirMR2s and WRXs have something to chuckle at). Here's what I've been
thinking of doing: 1)change front anti roll bar to late model 7/8"2)pick up a
swing spring for the rear.
Now here's the question: is it possible to swap the bottom (fixed)leaf on the
swing spring for the shorter bottom leaf taken from the its current spring,
allowing me to keep the axles that are on the car, or do I need to look for a
set of long axles to go with the swing spring? I'd like to keep it as simple
and inexpensive as possible. Have looked at adding a camber compensator,
butprefer the reduced rear roll stiffness of the swing spring and its
simplicity.
Comments please.

cheers
Scott