[TR] Engine noise B-25

Jeff.A.Williamson at jci.com Jeff.A.Williamson at jci.com
Thu Nov 8 11:08:23 MST 2007

                                                                    Subject: Re: [TR] Engine noise B-25

                                                              Attachment(s): <font size=-1></font>

I live very near the Yankee Air Museum in Ypsilanti, MI., where they have 3
fully restored and flying WWII aircraft, a B17, a B25, and a C47. And like
Nolan, I too am located under the flight path that these beautiful but LOUD
aircraft use. But what a sight and sound it is when one of those birds
flies over. In 2005, the museum hosted an air show where eight B17 Bombers
were present, and flew in formation right over my house. That was
reportedly the largest gathering of B17's since the war. What a sight! This
year's show featured 15 B25 bombers. As they passed over, I was afraid my
house was gonna fall down! And then came the Blue Angels!!!

Jeff W.

-------------Oeiginal Message------------
Every year or two the B-17 and a B-25 come to the airport near me.  It's
heavenly, as I'm on their flight path, and for a few days I get a bomber
flying low over my house every couple of hours, even through the night.

The first year was the best, as they were extremely low.  I was running
around like a nut-case, having never seen the likes of this before, and
managed to catch one of their attention.  The pilot of the B-25 leaned out
of the window to wave at me as he passed by.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of pic24021.jpg]