[TR] Removing TR6 body from frame

Brian Induni 308gtsi at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 5 22:54:59 MST 2007

Al,
I did a body off resto on my 4a over the past 2 years - first summer I've
been able to drive the little beast! I don't think leaving the doors on is a
good idea as they don't actually do much to brace the opening. I
disassembled mine down to the minimum and bolted in angle iron in both door
openings. I know the manual shows the body being removed with everything
including the interior intact, but I doubt anyone actually did this (OK, let
the flood gates open!).
FYI - the body tub BARE weighs about 400 pounds, maybe a little less. I was
able to lift it with me on the front and my wife and 2 pre-teen boys on the
sides and back.

Brian
1967 TR4a, totally done. Now what? DRIVE IT!

Message: 9