[TR] Connecting red wire on Pertronix

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Sun Nov 4 18:07:55 MST 2007

I am pretty sure that you need to run the red wire to switched 12 V.  That
can be done to any 12v source that is controlled by the ignition switch.  It
is easy to determine by connecting a probe light or Volt meter to the oil
pressure switch (or any other point you want to test) and turn on the
ignition.  If the probe light illuminates or you get a 12 V. reading on your
meter, that should work.

Joe