[TR] do it yourself radiator fixin'

Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA) frank at ssabsa.sa.gov.au
Sun Nov 4 16:36:11 MST 2007

Paul,

As people are saying it's not really rocket science, but it does take a bit of
experience in the radiator repair discipline. Why not get a pro to do it? It'd
be a heap quicker and easier, and it's not really expensive at all. If I
remember correctly, I had a high efficiency core installed in an old TR6
radiator I had (my TR6 had some other Australian car radiator bodged into it
at some point, which kinda worked but wasn't ideal), and all I did was give
the shop the old radiator (which had good top and bottom tanks) and the shop
desoldered all that, put the new core in, pressure tested it, painted it
black, and generally made it look brand new. That all ran to less than AU$300,
which included the new core. I certainly couldn't have done such a good job,
or pressure tested the results, let alone do it in a couple of days like they
did. In my opinion, stuff like that just isn't worth attempting yourself...

HTH,

Frank Biedermann
69 Triumph TR6 PI
Adelaide, Australia