[TR] engine rebuild follow on

John Gillis jgillis at tcd.ie
Sun Nov 4 10:02:03 MST 2007

Dear all,
As I suspected my re-built engine, although running and starting very
well has a few issues, can I try these two out on the list. I
mentioned after the initial start up about a smokey oil filler which
seemed to go away, well its back and not going away, once I run the
engine I am getting smoke back through the filler after turning off.
I guess this is either valves or rings, hopefully the former. The
second is a dripping of water from the underside of the water pump,
this was a NOS item, can the pump leak or must it be from the gasket
area?. Starting to have visions of me pulling the engine apart before
I even drive the thing, don't know if I can face this, anyway all
advice welcome.
John
1954 TR2 (longdoor)