[TR] Does Anyone Have an Extra TR3 Alloy Oil Pan to Sell?

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Sat Nov 3 18:23:05 MST 2007

In a message dated 11/3/2007 1:51:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
auprichard at comcast.net writes:

I assume  you are referring to an alloy sump:  I recently bought  one
(megabucks), but only because I cranked the TR3 up to around 155 bhp  and was
told it was essential. Is there any other reason for needing an  alloy sump?

Andrew

My TR3 is a little hot, but I wanted the passive cooling effect of having
all that oil in a finned reservoir. I also added an oil temp gauge. I imagine
there is now more oil in the engine than water!
Mike Moore