[TR] do it yourself radiator fixin'

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Nov 2 22:23:24 MST 2007

> Posibly, using a $100 radiator from NAPA?

Which one ?

>  If need be, I can
> use the top and bottom tanks from spare TR3 radiators.

Not just the tanks, but the side panels as well.

> I work with an expert soldering guy- he wouldn't
> mind!  Please educate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is that I consider myself a fair hand with a soldering gun or
torch; but all of my attempts at even simple radiator repairs have not
worked out.  Possibly something about not having that great big vat of acid
that the pros use, or maybe it's just that my torch isn't big enough to keep
an entire tank at soldering temperature without overheating at least part of
it.  Or maybe it's something else.

OTOH, you've got relatively little to lose by trying.  Except a couple of
radiators and time of course.  Weren't you planning to drive this car some
time this decade ?

Randall