[TR] Minilites on TR3

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 18:50:46 MDT 2007

Bill,
The locals cannot work with wire wheels no matter what they tell you.   I
invested more than I care to admit listening to the buffoons and they never  got
it right.  That makes me an idiot.  I finally sent them to Hendrix  and they
got them right.  NFI.  That was on the TR6.  I have the  minilites on my 3A.  I
have 185 Vredesteins on the wheels and the look and  handling is good.
If I were you I would call someone who specializes in wire wheels and see
what they say.  It will not be cheap to ship them and have them trued and
balanced and shaved; as I recall the shipping was $30 per wheel with tire, and  the
work was like $60 per tire, but I may be wrong.  The end result is that  you
will be happy with the wires provided you don't auto cross with  them.
My 3A had steel wheels with 165s in great shape with pristine hubcaps, but
the look isn't macho enough for me.  (joke)

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO