[TR] TR3A Intermittent overdrive

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 30 16:24:04 MDT 2007

> >It's better, IMO, to measure the movement of
> >the operating valve ball directly with a dial indicator.
>
> But that would mean pulling the cover again, sigh....

FWIW, there's really no reason you can't go for a test ride with the tunnel
out.  I've done it lots of times, no worse than riding a motorcycle.  Be a
little careful about where you put your right hand, though.

If you can duplicate the problem that way, then you can see an important
piece of information : when the OD fails to engage, is the plunger up or
down ?  If it's down, then most likely the problem is electrical in nature;
possibly the contact points inside the solenoid itself.

Randall

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.