[TR] TR3A oil cooler

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 15:27:50 MDT 2007

Mike,
Thanks.  I am in tropical Florida and before I even start the car it  is half
way to overheating in the summer.  I don't plan on racing but . .  .  As  a 3
owner I am sure that you realize that of the  17"  of vertical radiator 5" is
below the crank hole and therefore below the grill  airflow.  I have removed
the crank hole when I recored and am considering  reshaping the metal shroud
where the crank support sits in front of the radiator  by sloping it downward
toward the bottom tank of the radiator and mounting the  oil cooler there
directly in front of the radiator.  I don't want to cut a  hole below the grill as
the racers do when it is mounted in that position.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO