[TR] TR3A oil cooler

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 09:45:02 MDT 2007

In a message dated 7/30/2007 8:30:36 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
DLylis at aol.com writes:

OK, this  has gotten a little more interesting.  I have asked a number  of
people the question of the best location for the oil cooler and I have  been
told
by one old timer, to lay it flat over a cutout in the  shroud where the
crank
guide is.  He said that there is plenty  of airflow at speed to make  it
effective and it will not interfere  with the radiator.  What say the  list?
Frankly, this does not  sound like a good idea to me, but I am open!

David,
I don't know if you plan on seriously racing your car or not, or what your
objective is. My objective in my car was to provide as mush cooling as reliably
 as I could to both the engine and the oil. I installed a finned cat oil
sump. It  holds a whole lot more oil (7 qts?) and gets cooling air across the fins
under  the car. I also installed a temp gauge-but that's not needed. I
ampleased with  it.

Mike Moore 59 TR3A