[TR] Dayton Wire Wheels verse Dunlop

BearTranserv at aol.com BearTranserv at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 09:44:07 MDT 2007

In a message dated 7/29/2007 6:46:26 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
bbrewer at tvwireless.net writes:

Can the Daytons be used with tubeless tires or do you still
need  tubes?
Is it realistic that the Daytons never need  truing?
What is the best deal on Daytons and new hubs?  it looks like
British Wire Wheel in Fresno might be best for me (3  hours away). Has
anyone dealt with them?
What works best at lubing the splined hubs?

I bought a set of Daytons for my MG MIdget a couple of years  ago.  They are
tubeless and I've had no issues with them at all.  I  got them from British WW
and found them great to do business with.  I  bought new tires from Tire Rack
and had them drop shipped to BWW and they  mounted and balanced them at no
charge.

I used a silver neverseize from the local autparts (in case it leaked I
wanted it to be less evident) and have had no problems removing a rear wheel a
couple of times (for access to the fuel pump).

YMMV

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4

As he stared at her ample  bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
carburetors in his vintage  Triumph, highly functional yet pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of  the intake manifold, aching for experienced
hands, the small knurled caps of the  oil dampeners begging to be inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter  seven of the shop manual.
Dan McKay