[TR] Dayton Wire Wheels verse Dunlop

Kinderlehrer Kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Sun Jul 29 20:52:28 MDT 2007

Bill, I bought the Dayton 60 spoke chrome/SS about 7 years ago. I've been
running them without tubes and have had no problems. At the time, British
Wire Wheel was in Santa Cruz, not too far for me, so I drove down there and
they did it all. I did replace the hubs at the same time, I don't see any
reason to risk the investment in the wheels with worn hubs, especially if
that's where your clunk is coming from.

I've been using white lithium grease on the hubs, I pull the wheels at least
once a year to clean them and always renew the grease, I haven't had any of
it harden on me.

HTH.
Bob