[TR] odd tr4 restoring prob

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Sun Jul 29 19:53:56 MDT 2007

Thanks Bob,
Maybe I do have a TR4A valance for my TR4 .. the first one I installed was
about 1978. The second one is identical and installing now.. I will also send
photos to you maybe you'd recognize difference.. on a TR4A, maybe they retained
park lamp brackets (in slightly different position) for the new grill even
though the lamps went to wings??? I've got the bottom light (directional brackets
lined up perfectly) but the parking lamps another story..
I agree about the stamped grill being very sturdy whence bolted on - I'm
impressed!
regards,
Carl

<< Carl,

I just completed my 63 restoration and the grill lined up perfectly with all
4

valance brackets.

Both the parking lights and directionals are secured by all brackets.

That grill and lights are very solid with all those speed nuts!

The Triumph engineers really didnt want the grill falling off!

As far as I can tell, it was the orginal valance. I did replace the lower

valance but that did not affect the alignment of the brackets in the upper

part.

It sounds like you have a 4A valance with the 4 grill.

Bob >>

the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>