[TR] odd tr4 restoring prob

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Sun Jul 29 16:33:16 MDT 2007

Hi all,
Are there any other TR4 owners/restorers out there finding a problem with the
upper front valance 'parking light BRACKETS' located in the wrong position
behind the grill's lamp holes? I have 2 upper valances and 4 grills. It looks t
be that the parking lamp support brackets were welded in the wrong location
from factory on both valances..  I'd like to have these brackets function
(stabilizing the 2 parklamps and grill corners). This would require drilling ou
spot welds, repositioning brackets and re-welding.
WERE ALL PARK LAMP BRACKETS POSITIONED WRONG FROM FACTORY!?! - anyone have
lamp holes that line up with the brackets? Any tips?
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74