[TR] Sway Bar Link

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Sun Jul 29 14:56:42 MDT 2007

From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
>  redid the front sway bar
> bushings and sway bar link assembly.

 In looking at the sway bar link the
> As I recall, I first fitted
> the sway bar to the frame and then attached the link assembly to the
> suspension bracket. In order to do that I had to jack each side up a little
> to get it to line up. The car was still on jack stands and the link assemble
> bolt and bracket hole wouldn't line up with the car un-sprung. So what did I
> do wrong?

When installing a sway bar and its attendant links, you should have the full weight of the car on the tires.  Put the tires on solid riser blocks of some sort.  Drive-on ramps work for this (you can use your floor jack to get there, you don't have to drive up the ramps.  If you can't get blocks to hold up the back tires on the car, get your jackstands as close to the rear axle line as possible.  Of course, you will have no jackstands or jacks on the front of the car.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,