[TR] Taps & Dies

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Fri Jul 27 14:40:08 MDT 2007

acekraut11 at aol.com wrote:
>  Hi Everyone,
>
> A local hardware store is going out of business and they have a bunch of taps and dies that are 75% off.? I thought it might be wise to pick up some of the more common taps and dies that are typically used during an extensive restoration.? Can anyone recommend some sizes?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help and expertise.
>
> Aaron

Don't forget there are different taps for the same size and thread
pitch- starter, running , bottoming.  So you want the set to do it
correctly.

Also, get some ratcheting handles, and don't forget the dies too!!

Small diameters tend to break easily, so those should be purchased in a
higher quantity than just one.

Also as had been said, look for quality - don't buy any garbage from the
pacific rim.  Also look for those technology improvements.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)