[TR] Door adjustment

Brian Induni 308gtsi at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 26 08:18:36 MDT 2007

Thanks for all the feedback on the door adjustment. As I expected, no "easy
way" to get the job done, but none the less very helpful ideas. After
fiddling with each door for a multitude of hours, I'm seeing it fit fairly
well in the opening, and the latch lines up fine, but the rubber weather
strip is making the door bind real bad. I'm using the original style (slides
in to the channels welded on the body), but I'm wondering if I put it in
backwards. If you look at a cross section of the strip, it looks like a "V"
with one end of the V sliding in to the channel and the other free. I
assumed the free side would face the door and move as needed for a good
seal. Is this correct? The front edge of the door is binding too tight
against the rubber, and if I move it back it doesn't line up with the latch
properly. This is the case for both doors.

Background: no major body was done that would affect the door opening,
meaning the floors, sills, etc were all in excellent shape and not replaced.

Any ideas?

Brian

1967 TR4a