[TR] Head Gasket for TR3A - smooth up or down

Geo & Kathleen Hahn ahwahnee at cybertrails.com
Thu Jul 26 08:00:40 MDT 2007

Since you mention the Haynes manual... what are you torquing the head nuts
too?

My (early edition) Haynes manual says 45 lbs.  This was corrected in later
editions to 100-105 lbs.  45# will work if you never get the engine hot,
otherwise...

As for which side up... no idea.   I have heard it does not matter.  I
always look at the old gaskey and do it the same way but cannot recall which
way that is.

Geo

PS: The reply function seems to have changed?  At least for me, used to send
all repklies to the list, now they go to the sender.