[TR] Balancing a Fan

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jul 20 16:49:53 MDT 2007

> In the workshop manual it talks about a 1/16" hole that you
> use to line
> everything up.
> Only problem is none of my fan pieces, have a guide hole!!
>
> How do you perform this balance without a hole?

The hole is drilled as a witness mark, once everything is balanced.

To balance new components, you'll need a device to support the fan & hub
assembly exactly on-center and allow it to turn freely, so you can find
which side is heavier.  Unfortunately I have no idea where to find such a
device, short of live centers in a lathe, or making something yourself.

I solved the problem by hanging the mechanical fan on the garage wall and
leaving it there <G>

Randall
(Tedious but unavoidable disclaimer follows)

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.