[TR] high engine rpm

Terry Geiger tgeiger at shoalsbritishcars.org
Fri Jul 20 14:48:44 MDT 2007

John,

Check your tach against a known good tach as the tachs can become inaccurate
over time.  An electric tach can be used to test with.

Your car should be running about 3000 rpm at 60 mph in top gear (assuming no
overdrive).  The speedo and tach were design to track with each other in top
gear so 2krpm should get you 40mph, 3k rpm 60 mph and so on.

Terry Geiger
'74 Triumph TR6 | '63 Triumph Herald | '70 MGBGT | '84 Mercedes 300D Diesel
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org/