[TR] MIG WELDERS: please read

Nolan foxtrapper at ispwest.com
Fri Jul 20 03:42:56 MDT 2007

Since you don't say what gauge wire or metal you're welding, one can't give
you an exact answer.  But, as a generic comment on mig welding thin sheet
metal, that wire feed rate doesn't sound awfully slow to me.

Having a 90 amp machine means nothing.  Other than you can weld thicker
metals than a 30 amp machine.  You only use the power suitable for the metal
thickness you're welding.  The thinner the metal, the lower the power you
use, and the slower the wire feed.