[TR] MIG WELDERS: please read

Skip Gurnee skip47 at powernet.net
Thu Jul 19 17:57:26 MDT 2007

Hi Paul-
Wire feed speed usually depends on what you're welding.  Does your welder
have variable speeds?  Lotsa variables; in general, the thicker the metal,
the higher the speed.  Wire diameter makes a difference, too.  There's got
to be a chart out there to give you some general parameters.  Check with
your local welding supply store.  Meanwhile, I found the following:
http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/wire-speed.htm
It's a video with explanation.  Hope this helps-
Best,
Skip Gurnee
64 TR4, 66 TR4A, 70 TVR