[TR] Building a 150 hp engine

JHMDDS at aol.com JHMDDS at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 10:16:33 MDT 2007

Dave,

I know you didn't ask me specifically so please delete this if I've
insinuated myself into your conversation with Chip.

I have a supercharged Tr6.  The exhaust note is not affected by the
supercharger at all.  There is no whine at idle and none when cruising  unless I get
on the throttle.  At that point there is a loud whine that  sounds like the
cops are chasing me.  I looked for years at different ways  to improve
performance.  Over the years I tried head porting and polishing,  higher compression,
larger pistons, a free flow exhaust and triple Weber  carbs.  None of these mods
came close to giving me what I hoped to  get.

Then came the supercharger, EFI and electronic ignition.  I now have
148hp(about 6lbs of boost) at the rear wheels which is somewhere near 185 at the
motor.  While still not as fast as most modern cars, my 6 feels like it is  on
steroids rather than Quaaludes. I hope to increase the boost to about 10lbs  in
the future.

Regards,

Jamie Maddox