[TR] TR3 Headlamp Caged nuts

Scott Suhring suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 07:47:40 MDT 2007

Thanks Randall.  Thank makes sense now.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: triumphs-bounces+suhringtr36=comcast.net at autox.team.net
[mailto:triumphs-bounces+suhringtr36=comcast.net at autox.team.net] On Behalf
Of Randall
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2007 1:43 AM
To: 'Triumph Sports car discussion'
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Headlamp Caged nuts

> What is FLAPS?

Friendly Local Auto Parts Store ... Pep Boys as I recall, in the "Help!"
section.

>  Could you snap them in the square openings
> and what was the threading for the screw?  Thanks.

They didn't really snap in, just kind of pushed.  The screw expands the
nylon to lock it into place, kind of like a drywall anchor.  They come
unthreaded, so the sheet metal screw cuts it's own threads.  Don't recall
the screw size offhand, but #8 or maybe #10 sounds about right.

Not sure offhand (and too tired to try to look it up), but something is
telling me that all TR2-3B are not identical in this area.  And I believe my
TR3A has a replacement front apron on it (never had holes for the TRIUMPH
letters), so it's possible other cars might be different.

Randall
Triumphs mailing list
Triumphs at autox.team.net