[TR] Rubber bushings

Mike Denman mikedenman at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 14 20:55:15 MDT 2007

Hi group,
    A question if I may... Rubber bushings like those used on the upper
fulcrum for the TR3 a-arms... the rubber bushings ride on a machined bare
metal shaft (fulcrum). I ended up replacing the original metal fulcrum
because over the years the metal under the rubber bushings was really eaten
away by rust. So, with new fulcrums installed, I would like to avoid the
problem of rust starting under the rubber bushings. Normally I would use
some grease to hold the rust at bay but grease (at least general purpose
grease) will cause or hasten the deterioration of rubber products. Any
advice on what to use and what has worked for other members would be
appreciated.
Mike Denman