[TR] [6pack] Emissions in the future-is retrofitting possible?

Blake J. Discher bdischer at blakedischer.com
Sun Dec 30 06:06:40 MST 2007

Hi Jody,

This sort of legislation is constantly underway in many, many States
across the country.  Fortunately, in almost every case, it is defeated
(or a compromise is reached softening the bill's reach), sometimes at
the last possible minute, as the bill moves through the legislative
process.

In my role as President of The Vintage Triumph Register (VTR), I am in
contact with the folks at the SEMA Action Network (SEMASAN), which is
an arm of SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association).  SEMA is a
trade association for manufacturers which produce parts for the motor
vehicle aftermarket.  A big portion of their member's customer base
are the hot-rodders, street-rodders and antique/classic car enthusiasts.

During 2007, their efforts helped win legislative victories in issues
effecting old car enthusiasts in Arizona, Arkansas, California,
Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois,
Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana,
Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, West
Virginia and Wyoming.  Colorado is on their radar, their last success
there was in 2006 in a bill concerning vehicle smog inspections for
kit cars.

VTR will continue to work with SEMASAN in their efforts, assisting in
any way it can.   I encourage everyone to join SEMASAN, it's free to
join as a hobbyist.  Get involved.

http://www.semasan.com
(Home page of their site with lots of information, a valuable resource
including drop down menus for zeroing in on issues you may be
concerned about by State and instructions about how to contact your
legislators.)

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Blake J. Discher, President
Vintage Triumph Register